Friday, February 15, 2013

FYI

I feel a need to take a moment to go over a few informational items not directly related to Shirley's health, but more so with communications about her situation.

Most importantly, I want to assure the readers that what I am sharing has the full blessing of Shirley.  When we first started this blog nearly 5 years ago Shirley was very interested in not only sharing her story with friends and family, but also wanted to make this available to anyone who may have a loved one in a similar circumstance--or even just the curious.  As we were driving to the hospital Wednesday, we talked about this again and she confirmed that this is a story she wants to share.  With that said, please feel free to share a link with the blog with others if you think they are interested our would benefit from hearing her story.

As I write new posts, I will try to put an FYI on both her Facebook page as well as mine.  I believe you can also subscribe to the blog so that you get an email when a new posting is made.

I was asked today about an address of where to send cards.  Rather than send to the hospital, please direct cards to her brother's house:  831 30th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98144.  Flowers are not permitted in the ICU and Shirley is allergic to some varieties.  I would ask that you refrain from sending flowers at least for now.

Thank you


No comments: