Saturday, March 16, 2013

Long Overdue Thank Yous

For the last 30+ days, my life has been very focused on Shirley.  The only way I have been able to provide this focus is because of a wonderful network of family and friends whom have stepped up to take care of just about every other facet of my life.  I have been remiss in not extending a public thank you to all those have permitted us to focus on Shirley's health.

First and foremost, a huge thank you to Souang, our niece for moving back in to our house and taking care of our girls, the pets, and everything else associated with running a house. She has taken the lion's share of getting the girls to and from school.  Thanks too to her boyfriend Nic, whom I understand has done a lot of the cooking at the house for the girls.

A big thank you to Shirley's brother Pete, his wife Caroline and their daughter Frances.  They have not only provided me shelter while Shirley is in the hospital, but have literally moved out of their bedrooms so that when Shirley gets out of the hospital  she'll have a nice bright room on the upper floor of their house.  And their former master bedroom is serving as my office.

The list of people is so long I fear I will miss someone, but her it goes:

  • My parents, Dale & Carla; my daughter Chloe, our co-mother-in-law Debbie and friends Bill & Sally for helping Souang getting Chenyang and Joy back and forth from school.
  • Mom for coming up to Seattle for several days to sit with Shirley while I participated in a 3-day conference call for work.
  • My sister Cathi for providing morale support, bringing me food and going for walks with me.
  • My brother-in-law Dave for getting a loaner office chair for me.  
  • All of our friends whom have come by and brought books, magazines and puzzles to help Shirley bide her time.
  • All of you whom have added Shirley to your prayer chains at church.
  • Shirely's siblings for words of encouragement and support.  Betsy, it was so great that your trip to the US happened at a time when you could be here right after the transplant.
  • Our "daughters" Chenyang and Joy, whom have rolled with this change to their US host family. And to their parents in China and Thailand whom have provided their support and consent to this change in the host family situation
  • My employer, Slalom Consulting, and my client, Nike, for permitting me to continue working remotely.  I am truly blessed to have such a great team to work with.
My apologies to those I have left off. I am sure this post will need to be updated several times.

No comments: